Fibon Energy – Project Engineer
Fibon Energy, founded in 2012, is a South African energy company that develops clean energy solutions for commercial and industrial companies in South Africa.
We provide a turnkey engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) service and develop energy solutions that require no upfront costs from our clients. We own, operate and maintain Solar Systems offering an alternative to ownership and capex purchases through our Fibon Solar PPA. We own, operate and maintain >R80 million of Solar Systems across South Africa.
We are a close-knit team, entrepreneurial by nature and results driven. We are building our engineering team and are looking for a project engineer to support our senior engineer. We are a performance driven culture and reward our team members. We are based in Johannesburg.
- Experience (3 years+) in the South African solar industry working in rooftop, ground mount or carport projects for commercial and industrial (C&I) companies
- BSc, BEng/BTech electrical/energy/mechatronics
- Be proficient in AutoCAD software
- Fully proficient in both PVSyst and PVsol, (Homer Pro a benefit)
- MS Office & Project tools like MS Project, (Smartsheet a benefit)
- Registration with ECSA as a professional engineer or in process (added advantage)
- Must have own transport including vehicle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Design Engineering
- Develop conceptual engineering proposals, including designs of solar projects.
- Engineering and Procurement
- Successful deployment of solar projects according to scope, within budget and as per strict deadlines.
- Planning, scheduling, liaising, coordinating and monitoring C&I solar energy generation power plants.
- Reporting site assessments, pricing and logistics, design, creating schedules.
- Supporting the senior engineer in the review of contracts and ensuring legal and health and safety requirements are met.
- Support the senior engineer in managing regulatory requirements, including SSEG applications.
- Project Management
- Responsible for providing direction and support to the construction manager for adherence to timely compliances from all the contractors and subcontractors for execution of work smoothly and timely
- Management, overseeing and supervision of the installation team, subcontractors and suppliers with regular onsite inspections.
- Overseeing and undertaking procurement processes, scheduling, logistics.
- Overseeing and conducting operations and maintenance on projects.
Applications close on 30 April 2022