THE VOICE OF SOLAR PV IN SOUTH AFRICA
SAPVIA provides market and legislative interventions and programmes across market segments, i.e., in the utility, industrial, commercial, and domestic markets.
In the domestic market, also known as small scale embedded generation, SAPVIA has identified the need for installations as these systems are designed to reliably operate for 20 years. Whilst the domestic market is at it nascent stages in South Africa, it is growing rapidly and its success and sustainability of this emerging industry depends on reliability of components and the quality of installations.
Our vision is for solar PV to be a significant and reliable contributor to the energy mix of South Africa. By the year 2035, there is:
- Energy Security, where we use solar PV as an infinite daily resource.
- Policy and Market Alignment, where clear laws and policies complement one another, and public-private partnerships enable the growth of the solar market, and
- Environmental & Market Sustainability through decarbonised energy and social impact awareness.
As the voice of the solar PV industry in South Africa, our mission is to support and represent our members. We:
- Shape and influence regulations and policy development
- Inform and educate members and other stakeholders
- Facilitate partnerships and collaboration
- Promote higher usage of solar PV in the public & private sector
Through our support, our members:
- Deploy and invest in quality solar PV
- Facilitate greater accessibility and affordability of solar PV
- Create jobs, economic opportunities and develop skills
SAPVIA achievements in the last decade
SAPVIA’s membership is as diverse as the solar PV sector itself. Our members come from right across the Solar PV value chain, encompassing manufacture, deployment and supplementary research, products and services. Together we will capture a significant share of the domestic solar PV market and maximise the benefits for South African businesses, the research sector and our local communities.