JUNIOR INVESTMENT ANALYST
Our client is an investment Holding Company, is based in Bryanston, with one of their focal points being on Renewable Energy.
The Junior Investment Analyst will provide support to the Portfolio Executive for investment identification, analysis, due diligence, and portfolio management. There will also be the opportunity to assist in other (non-renewable) group investments. They currently have 8 operating assets (500MW)
What you need to have: (NON NEGOTIABLE)
- A solid understanding of renewable energy in South Africa.
- Experience in REIPPP (commercial arrangements), PPA’s and tariffs
- Know the difference between project finance / equity finance / corporate finance.
- BCom or BSc or equivalent with a relevant major in finance / investment management / business science etc. preferable.
- Tertiary education with a major in investment management/business science etc. preferable.
- 3-5 years financial services experience, advantageous if corporate finance or transaction advisory services or private equity in the renewable energy industry.
- Good analytical skills and proficient in Excel advanced
- Willingness to work in a small company which will entail being involved in several activities.
- Service orientated attitude, as the role will entail providing an investment service to Senior Management.
- Be a Self-starter, team-orientated individual who must be prepared to roll up his/her sleeves
- Have an inquisitive mind
- Be pedantic about attention to detail and accuracy. (can you pick up when a formula is wrong? Or when the CPI is out?)
- Be factual (we’re looking for someone who trusts facts and not their gut)
What you will be doing:
a) New Investments
- undertaking project administration including coordinating meetings, meeting minute-taking, project planning, tracking project expenditure against budget for individual investments, and general project communication to (internal and external) stakeholders;
- the analysis, review and/or development of financial models for existing and new investments, including working and collaborating with other team members and consultants, as necessary;
- conducting market and macro-economic research to support investment decisions;
- forming part of the project team that will conduct a due diligence to support investment decisions;
- supporting the Portfolio Executive in the preparation of investment proposals to the Executive Chairman, CEO and CFO and ultimately the Board of Directors;
- supporting the Portfolio Executive in the review of key investment documents, including, legal agreements (e.g. shareholders agreements, equity documents, etc.) and funding agreements.
b) Existing Investment Portfolio
- the analysis, review and/or reporting of financial and operational information provided by existing investments for comparison against annual targets;
- the analysis and review of financial models for existing investments;
- supporting Portfolio Executive in the preparation and delivery of quarterly portfolio reporting to the Executive Chairman, CEO and CFO and ultimately the Board of Directors.
What is in it for you?
- This is a small very successful agile company, what you put in is what you get out.
- Exposure to board meetings and invites to learn how things are run.
- You’ll be roped in Project discussions, due diligence meetings and evaluations.
- You’ll be dealing with subject matter experts and be exposed to high level stakeholders (learn from legal, risk, finance etc)
- A unique opportunity to learn fast and gain exposure to many part of the business.
- Salary on offer is negotiable between R600k – R 850k (included is provident fund), additional is performance bonus and 20 days annual leave