Call for Applications EWSETA Programme
A call for Applications
SAPVIA, together with EWSETA, has a grant opportunity for 20 individuals to pursue a Solar PV Installation course. The aim of the programme is to create a pull of competent and qualified professionals who can meet industry demands. Graduates of the course will be prepared to enter the job market with the practical skills and theoretical foundation necessary to excel in the Solar PV Installation space.
About the course/ What they will learn
The comprehensive 5-day Solar PV Installation course offers participants an opportunity to gain essential knowledge and practical skills to successfully install Solar PV systems. The curriculum covers various topics to ensure participants are well-equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for successful solar PV system installation. Led by experienced trainers, the course combines interactive lessons, discussion, and hands on exercises to equip participants with both theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
- Understanding basic principles of solar photovoltaic (PV) technology.
- Site assessment and planning.
- Acquire the skills to design and size a solar PV system.
- Mounting and installation techniques.
- Learn about electrical wiring and connections.
- Inverter installation and configuration.
- System commissioning and testing.
- Learn about the relevant regulations, and standards associated with solar PV installations.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Previously disadvantaged.
- Must be able to access Training areas around Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Must possess an Electrical qualification / NQF4.
- Work experience in the Solar PV space.
- While all qualified applicants from previously disadvantaged background will be considered, prioritized consideration will be given to female applicants, in an effort to promote gender equality and empowerment within the energy sector.
- Candidates may be required to take a pre assessment.
Click the link below to submit your application.
Applications must be submitted by no later than 08 September 2023 at 16h00.